- Scottish Highlands, 1945. Claire Randall, a former British combat nurse, is just back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach—an “outlander”—in a Scotland torn by war and raiding clans in the year of Our Lord . . . 1743. Claire is catapulted into the intrigues of a world that threatens her life, and may shatter her heart. Marooned amid danger, passion, and violence, her only chance of safety lies in Jamie Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior. What begins in compulsion becomes urgent need, and Claire finds herself torn between two very different men, in two irreconcilable lives.
- Praise for Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels
- “Marvelous and fantastic adventures, romance, sex . . . perfect escape reading.”—San Francisco Chronicle, on Outlander
- “History comes deliciously alive on the page.”—New York Daily News, on Outlander
- “Gabaldon is a born storyteller. . . . The pages practically turn themselves.”—The Arizona Republic, on Dragonfly in Amber
- “Triumphant . . . Her use of historical detail and a truly adult love story confirm Gabaldon as a superior writer.”—Publishers Weekly, on Voyager
- “Unforgettable characters . . . richly embroidered with historical detail.”—The Cincinnati Post, on Drums of Autumn.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I returned the set because of the way the book was printed. The printing was so close to the binding edge that in order to read the beginning of the each line you would need to fold back the page, which over time would damage the binding. The publisher needs to make sure they have a larger left margin.” By Jane W. Reese
“This is my favorite all time fiction series; I’ve read all eight books a number of times. I bought this as a gift set to a friend who is new to the series, and got started reading my copy. She loves the packaging, and the stories.” By Jean S. Logan
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Kindle Price: Paperback from $35.49 Mass Market Paperback $25.37
Mass Market Paperback
Publisher: Dell; Box Rei edition (April 28, 2015)
Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 4.3 x 7 inches
Shipping Weight: 4.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (369 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,523 in Books